What to expect on a Sunday morning...
Worship Service starts at 9:30am
Diverse Worship Experiences
We approach Sunday morning gatherings with a creative viewpoint -- a discipline we're always working to expand. Gatherings include eclectic expressions of our love for God and our journey together. On a Sunday morning you might experience…
- our Artist in Residence, Robert Robinson, leading the Gospel Choir
- poetry readings, maybe even an original written by our very own Shelly Barsuhn
- a standard rock rhythm section with string accompaniment led by our Director of Worship, Bruce Balgaard
- our Visual Arts Associates Heather and Lisa Albinson painting during the service
- one of the six members of our preaching team giving a sermon, each in their own distinct voice and perspective
- and sometimes you’ll even find we’ll mix up the service order and content
of all ages are welcome in all parts of the Sunday morning experience. That being said, Beloved Carma Gjerning, Director of Children & Families, provides exceptional programming for kids ages 0-5th grade:
- Care for infants through age 3 is available starting at 9:20 a.m. in MetroKids' space (directly to your right as you enter from the door under the green awning).
- Children’s Church (ages 4-5th grade) begins right before the sermon starts. An announcement is given at that time and teachers’ guide kids to Room 252.
is free for Sunday worship services and other First Covenant events. First Covenant is leasing our parking lot to the Super Bowl Host Committee, which they will use for a large tent and backup generator storage beginning January 2. This is an excellent revenue generating opportunity, yet it will create a parking inconvenience for First Cov. We will retain about 40 spaces outside the parking lot door for visitors and those who require convenient access to the church.
Anyone who is able to walk a block or two may leverage offsite parking at the nearby Denison underground ramp at 425 Park Avenue. Denison is generously providing free validated parking for the church during non-event days at USBank Stadium. Please present your Denison parking ticket to a greeter either before or after each service and they will provide a payment voucher. Questions? Please contact Brian Ogren, Church Administrator.