What to expect on a Sunday morning...
Worship Service starts at 9:30am
Diverse Worship Experiences
We approach Sunday morning gatherings with a creative viewpoint -- a discipline we're always working to expand. Gatherings include eclectic expressions of our love for God and our journey together. On a Sunday morning you might experience…
- our Artist in Residence, Robert Robinson, leading the Gospel Choir
- poetry readings, maybe even an original written by our very own Shelly Barsuhn
- a standard rock rhythm section with string accompaniment led by our Director of Worship, Bruce Balgaard
- our Visual Arts Associates Heather and Lisa Albinson painting during the service
- one of the six members of our preaching team giving a sermon, each in their own distinct voice and perspective
- and sometimes you’ll even find we’ll mix up the service order and content
of all ages are welcome in all parts of the Sunday morning experience. That being said, Beloved Carma Gjerning, Director of Children & Families, provides exceptional programming for kids ages 0-5th grade:
- Care for infants through age 3 is available starting at 9:20 a.m. in MetroKids' space (directly to your right as you enter from the door under the green awning).
- Children’s Church (ages 4-5th grade) begins right before the sermon starts. An announcement is given at that time and teachers’ guide kids to Room 252.
is free for Sunday worship services and other First Covenant events. The parking lot is located between 6th & 7th streets on Chicago Avenue or 9th Avenue S (also known as Bud Grant Way). Enter the church through the door under the large green awning (this is the main entrance).
Click here to view and listen to previous teaching series.
Click here to view and listen to our current teaching series.