First Covenant Church has been working for a year and a half with Community Housing Development Corporation and Ryan Construction to build a six story affordable housing project on our surface parking lot. The project continues to gain momentum! On Sunday, April 17, the congregation voted unanimously to authorize the Leadership Team to proceed with the necessary land swap with the new owners of Hubert’s Sports Bar.
These visuals represent general massing images for the land swap, one level of underground parking, and the basic massing for a the housing units, revised surface parking lot, re-located playground, newly landscaped sidewalks, and a re-designed parking parameter. (All of these images are subject to change.)
The Site Redevelopment Steering Committee meets weekly and the Leadership Team will continue to hold Town Hall Forums as needed. Additionally, the Leadership Team will send key written communication to you as more decisions are necessary.
The project is moving fast and here is what still lies ahead:
• Ongoing Development Meetings and Approvals with City and Neighborhood
• Ongoing Congregational Meetings
• Execute Land Swap in May or June
• Refine Building Upgrades Task List
• Develop Construction Phase Congregational Plan
• Land Lease Congregational Approval in May or June
• August / September Lease Closing and Ground Breaking Ceremony!
Please pray that God provide for every need in this process!